cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Publishing Failure Notification

kirkwemple
8-Gravel

Publishing Failure Notification

When Creo publishing starts failing,is it possible to set up an alert/notification to administrators so that corrective action can be performed before a long queue of failed jobs accumulate?

--Kirk Wemple

4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:kirkwemple)

Kirk,

This functionality exists using the JMX Notification framework.  You can configure it by referring to CS71626‌.  But just be aware that you may start getting many notifications after configuring using that document.  In particular, you'd be interested in MBean > com.ptc > MethodServers > BackgroundMethodServer > com.ptc > NotificationHandlers > QueueNotifier > Attributes.  There you will find information about how/when emails are sent for queue issues.

Note:  That path is on my system, where we have a BMS configured.  I'm not sure of the path on a system where no BMS is configured.  Perhaps someone else could shed some light on this also.

Ben;

I cannot find where in the JMX Notification UI (Queue Notifier) there is a way to get email notifications for failed publish jobs.   I have configured the Policy Admin notifications to send an email if an individual EPM doc fails publishing; getting multiple emails in a short amount of time would indicate that the failures are due to a worker not starting or down.   Do you know of a way to get a notification if a worker fails to start?

--Kirk

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:kirkwemple)

No, I'm not sure about that, Kirk.  The Queue Notifier will only email you if a number of jobs start to pile up in the publisher queues.  OOTB I think the threshold is 100 jobs (per queue if you have multiple).

Hi Kirk,

Check out the solution that I posted yesterday. I am using standard Windchill subscription to detect a CAD worker failure.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/CAD-worker-Failure-Notification/td-p/280889

Top Tags