cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publishing Rules Question

kirkwemple
8-Gravel

Publishing Rules Question

We are using some publishing rules to create DXF and STP files for CAD publishing.    When we apply additional rules to only create the DXF/STP files only at certain states (Released and Pre-Production Release), it does not work as expected.   If I manually publish the CAD while at the target state, the DXF/STP files get created.  If I Set State or Promote the CAD to the target states, the viewables are derived from the non released state and the DXF/STP files do not get created.  Is there a method to enforce the publishing rules upon Set State/Promote/ECN to the n target state?

--Kirk Wemple

Newell Brands

5 REPLIES 5

kirk wemple wrote:

Is there a method to enforce the publishing rules upon Set State/Promote/ECN to the n target state?

--Kirk Wemple

Newell Brands

Setting publish.publishonepmdocumentchange property to true will forced a republish when the state changes.

Setting publish.copyforwardrepresentationsonrevise to false will prevent the viewables from being copied to the newly revised document.

check the value of evaluate-rules-on-republish property/parameter. Refer below article for more details.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS142964

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:satre-2)

Link is not working...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

the problem is not the document but support site.

It's incredibly slow and, after I refresh a document opened this morning, now I get same error as you.

Document Details

Error:Document 187138 either does not exist or might have been pulled out from the knowledge base

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Weird.  It's working now...

Top Tags