Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Rules Question

kirkwemple

Publishing Rules Question

We are using some publishing rules to create DXF and STP files for CAD publishing.    When we apply additional rules to only create the DXF/STP files only at certain states (Released and Pre-Production Release), it does not work as expected.   If I manually publish the CAD while at the target state, the DXF/STP files get created.  If I Set State or Promote the CAD to the target states, the viewables are derived from the non released state and the DXF/STP files do not get created.  Is there a method to enforce the publishing rules upon Set State/Promote/ECN to the n target state?

--Kirk Wemple

Newell Brands

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Publishing Rules Question

kirk wemple wrote:

Is there a method to enforce the publishing rules upon Set State/Promote/ECN to the n target state?

--Kirk Wemple

Newell Brands

Setting publish.publishonepmdocumentchange property to true will forced a republish when the state changes.

Setting publish.copyforwardrepresentationsonrevise to false will prevent the viewables from being copied to the newly revised document.

check the value of evaluate-rules-on-republish property/parameter. Refer below article for more details.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS142964

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

Link is not working...

Tom,

the problem is not the document but support site.

It's incredibly slow and, after I refresh a document opened this morning, now I get same error as you.

Document Details

Error:Document 187138 either does not exist or might have been pulled out from the knowledge base

Marco

Weird.  It's working now...

Announcements