cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Publishing a WTPart

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Publishing a WTPart

Is there a system setting to turn on publishing a WTPart?  The representation is carried froward from the CAD doc just fine when they are all checkout  / checkin together.  The issue I am seeing is when a WTPart is iterated due to adding additional information to it...then you have to manually click on the viewable on the details page to get the system to create a publish job.  This seems like there should be a setting someplace.

Thanks,

Greg 

5 REPLIES 5
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:GregOlson)

Greg,

You should be able to set up a scheduled publish job (under Preference Management > WVS Job Scheduler Administration) that will execute on a regular basis of your choice (daily, hourly, etc.). You can create a job that will publish all WTParts with no representation (PublishAllPartsNoRepresentation). Would that work for you?

Lori,

I too am in the same situation.  However, I have over 4 years of WTParts that at some level will not have representations.  If I were to run that, we are talking a lot of jobs for my workers.  It is interesting that there isn't a job for (PublishAllLatestPartsNoRepresentation) like there is for EPMDocuments and WTDocuments.  Seems like a shortcoming of the Job Scheduler.

Have noticed the same issue also.  Rather than manually having to setup a publish job, why cant there be a wvs option to repubilsh wtparts automatically when iterated ?

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:GregOlson)

I set a property that will copy the WTpart rep forward when only the WT is iterated.

• Execute xconfmanager -s publish.copyrepresentationsforward.restrict=false -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -p

I am considering this one too. Still doing the homework to make sure I understand all the use cases and what the results will be. All the details are in the reference document titled "PTC Windchill Visualization Services Guide".

I cannot use the scheduled publishing because there is no check for wt.parts that have no associated epm.document that I am aware of. I have thousands of wt.parts with no associated epm.document and there's no value in filling the publishing queue with that many failed jobs.

Top Tags