cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publishing drawings to pdf stopped working

Henrik_F
6-Contributor

Publishing drawings to pdf stopped working

Hello

I have a strange issue that suddenly popped up without warning. I cannot anymore publish Creo drawings to PDF. I cannot even choose to publish them manually in Windchill even, the choice when creating a representation is not there anymore. This has been working beautifully before and just gave up with nothing being changed in the publisher config recently ( in the last 5 months). There is an error in the logs:

2021-05-04 15:41:37,959 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-221] wt.wvs.publish.PublishRulesHelper User name - No <authoring-application> with name=PROE

Has anybody encountered a problem like this before?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If a CPS has been applied it might be worth looking to that in your wvs.properties it has publish.usesPublishRules="ARBORTEXT PROE" and if possible merge both publish rules to 1 file as can cause problems with 2 in some versions of Windchill

Regards

Shaun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:Henrik_F)

Hi Henrik,

Looks like you need to debug the issue. Please check your agent.ini file. If the CADWorker it self might be down. 

Creo publishing is normally very smooth. 

Thanks and Regards

Ajit

Hello and thanks for the suggestion. The cad worker is up and running and finishes successfully. It creates the creo view representation without issues.

Henrik_F_0-1620806824085.png

berny2U
12-Amethyst
(To:Henrik_F)

Hi

Check "Visualization Configuration Administration" and verify the xml file.Image 069.png

Henrik_F
6-Contributor
(To:berny2U)

Hello and thanks for the suggestion. I tried to re-upload the xml, which hasn't been changed in quite a while, and it accepted it with no errors. Is there any other way to verify the validity of the file?

Henrik_F_1-1620800986201.png

Hi,

If a CPS has been applied it might be worth looking to that in your wvs.properties it has publish.usesPublishRules="ARBORTEXT PROE" and if possible merge both publish rules to 1 file as can cause problems with 2 in some versions of Windchill

Regards

Shaun

Henrik_F
6-Contributor
(To:sconroy)

Correct. The problem was found out to be with having two files. Removing the other got it working again. I now just have to merge the two. Thanks!

Top Tags