cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pulling Rev out of Windchill to display in title block of drawing

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Pulling Rev out of Windchill to display in title block of drawing

I would like to change our formats (title block table) to display the proi_revision in the REV box instead of manually typing in the current rev. Does anyone do this, are there any issues that we might encounter in the future?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:GregOlson)

I believe the proi_xx parameters were just kept to maintain support for legacy data that was migrated from Intralink. I would go with the native Windchill parameters - ptc_wm_xx.

There is a property or preference somewhere to turn off the legacy proi_xx parameters. (I have them turned off on our system.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pretty well documented by PTC for setting up Drawing Formats.

Note - You may want to consider also adding a mapping to the primary model on the drawing. Helps greatly to be able to identify the model number and version that the drawing is displaying. We've had this in place on all drawings for years.

Mike,

We have our formats title blocks pulling descriptions, material, and part number from the model. For years we did a manual revision letter display, adding the above parameter will pull the revision of the associated model to display on the drawing. Just wanted to make sure there are no issues with doing this.

thanks!

One other question, which should I use: proi_version or ptc_wm_revision. It looks like one is for intralink and one is for Windchill (we are running 10.0 M040).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:GregOlson)

I believe the proi_xx parameters were just kept to maintain support for legacy data that was migrated from Intralink. I would go with the native Windchill parameters - ptc_wm_xx.

There is a property or preference somewhere to turn off the legacy proi_xx parameters. (I have them turned off on our system.)

&proi_version will include the version( often the same as revision) and iteration number (G.2, F.3) or whatever your scheme is, where the iteration is bascially how many times the object has been checked in.

&proi_revision will only include the version (G, F).

For us, adding the "wm" designator makes no difference. For example, &proi_revision and &proi_wm_revision are the very same parameter.

Announcements

Top Tags