cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pushing ESI Reponse files to shared resource

ailut
1-Newbie

Pushing ESI Reponse files to shared resource

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M020 CPS30

Setting up a Windchill File Distribution Target with a shared resource folder leads to the following error:

2024-05-10 12:29:26,852 ERROR [SessionThread-36] tasks.com.ptc.windchill.esi.export.ExportToFile - Error while executing the Write-To-File webject.
com.infoengine.util.IEException: Unable to create Directory to put file into.
at com.ptc.windchill.esi.lite.tgt.webject.WriteToFile.writeToFile(WriteToFile.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Can a shared location be used for the File Distribution Target?
3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:ailut)

There should be no restrictions on a shared location but remember that Windchill is likely running as a specific user or the local admin (Windows Server install?). That user needs to be able to see that shared resource and have access to it. I see this on the CAD workers where the worker user ( local sys admin) is blocked from seeing network resources. Not impossible but need to make sure that location is accessible.

I tried several permissions for the user, while the user logged in can see the resource, Windchill cannot save the file there due to permissions. 

Its at the moment much easier as I do not need the file instantly to have a copy task which gets the file to the shared resource until a better solution is found.

Hello ailut,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags