cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Latest Version using Query-Objects webject

Highlighted
Amethyst

Query Latest Version using Query-Objects webject

I have a requirement to obtain the latest version/iteration of an object by IBA values using an Info*Engine task. I am currently an obtaining the part master, then get all the versions for the part master, and then pass the first object in the group to another webject to build a list of latest version objects. Using this method requires two separate calls to the database and does not perform well enough to meet the project requirements.

Does anyone have a suggestion for completing this in a single database call using the Query-Objects or any other webject?

Thank You,

Paul Hartwig
PLM Application Development
Ingersoll Rand Climate Control Technologies
314 West 90th St
Minneapolis, MN 55420

' (952)887-2486
7 (952)886-6064
* paul_hartwig@irco.com<">mailto:paul_hartwig@irco.com>
þ www.ingersollrand.com
2 REPLIES 2

RE: Query Latest Version using Query-Objects webject

Hello Paul,

Is your difficulty getting the latest version of the part?I remember having difficulty getting the same, but many months have passed and I'mnotsure how I resolved it. Looking back in myfiles, Ifind two things, but I'm not sure which onewas the best solution, ifeither. Herethey are:

In the Query-Objects I used

<ie:param name="WHERE" data="(iterationInfo.latest=true)"/">
<ie:param name="WHERE" data="(state.state=RELEASED)"/">


I also used a different webject called "Search-Objects" that has this other param:

<ie:param name="VERSION" data="LATEST"/">

See page p317 WCAdapterGuide.pdf.

I don't know if this helps or not, but thought I'd respond just incase.

Regards,

Glen Herman
Sr Application Developer
Engineering And Technology
Trane Residential Systems
6200 Troup Hwy
Tyler, Texas, 75701


Highlighted

RE: Query Latest Version using Query-Objects webject

I'm not sure if the original poster found a solution to this, but I just had this same problem. I needed to get the latest version of a set of documents that had been updated since a certain date.


This webject worked.


<ie:webject name="Search-Objects" type="OBJ">

<ie:param name="INSTANCE" data="com.mycompany.Windchill" delim="!" valueseparator="!" default="&lt;%=com.infoengine.au.NamingService.getVMName()%">"/>

<ie:param name="DBUSER" data="admin"/">    

<ie:param name="GROUP_OUT" data="document"/">    

<ie:param name="PASSWD" data="password"/">    

<ie:param name="TYPE" data="wt.epm.EPMDocument"/">    

<ie:param name="WHERE" data="thePersistInfo.modifyStamp">='$(@FORM[]moddate[])"/>

<ie:param name="VERSION" data="LATEST"/">   

 <ie:param name="ITERATION" data="LATEST"/">    

<ie:param name="ATTRIBUTE" data="*"/">

</ie:webject>

I hope this helps someone out!

Announcements