cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Question about Disaster recovery with Windchill and Oracle datbase on separate servers

mkohn
3-Visitor

Question about Disaster recovery with Windchill and Oracle datbase on separate servers

Hello all,

If we have an Windchill application backup that occurs at 9 PM and an Oracle database backup that occurs at 8 PM, can we still restore Windchill 11 incase of complete server failure?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mkohn)

As long as the application can talk to the database, it should start just fine.  I suggest you try it.  Take your backups and try to start them in a disaster recovery scenario.  (Virtual machines make testing this very easy.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Should be able to but you would probably need to delete everything in the file vault that was created after the database backup took place.  The database won't have any record of those newer files and will try to reuse those same files names (and fail.)

mkohn
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

But the application will still come up? I am having a discussion with one of our developers and he thinks the application won't start and I think we would just tell the user to redo the part.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

As long as the application can talk to the database, it should start just fine.  I suggest you try it.  Take your backups and try to start them in a disaster recovery scenario.  (Virtual machines make testing this very easy.)

Top Tags