cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

RE: auto-associate

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

RE: auto-associate

As per the original post

Well passed a decade on this one... have you figured out how to get auto-checkin to auto-create a wtpart? It still behaves that way out of the box. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

I tried in a newer version of NX and it seems to do it on auto check in now too. Thanks for the back and forth! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Dobi)

In site preferences:

Operation - Auto Associate:

avillanueva_0-1665605108132.png

Checkin Operations: Auto Associate upon Check in

avillanueva_1-1665605144687.png

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Sure. That works when I create a CAD document from a workspace and check in yes. But when my users create a CAD document in the CAD tool and select Auto check in, this doesn't work. No WTpart is created.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

And for reference this is with NX and WGM so the auto check in is happening from the PTC ribbon within NX. The auto associate preference works except for the auto check in case.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

@avillanueva  and @BenLoosli , any idea why Auto Check In bypasses these preferences and what to click so that it doesn't? 

According to this Auto Check In should follow preset preferences. 

Dobi_0-1665762408713.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My first guess is that something is either turned off or not implemented in the NX WGM as it is in the Creo WGM.

Our routine practice to create new documents in Creo and then do the check-in which will create the initial WTpart.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

Does is create the initial WTPart on Auto Check in from Creo? 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Dobi,

Auto Check In from Creo to Windchill does create the WTpart.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

I tried in a newer version of NX and it seems to do it on auto check in now too. Thanks for the back and forth! 

Top Tags