cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

REST API Endpoints catalog

BS_10483436
3-Visitor

REST API Endpoints catalog

Hello,

I'm using WC on my browser, and I'd like to use its API to perform CRUD operations, but I'm not able to find the API documentation as described in the help files. Please see the attached screenshot of the location of these files.

I checked my license and looks like REST services is installed.

Any idea why I cannot see the "Client customization" item?

Thanks,
Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BS_10483436  .. Need to set preference.. Site > Utilities > Preference management > Client Customization.. set it to yes .. if already set ... check if any changes made to custom action model

Sandeep_S_Desai_0-1669285437016.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@BS_10483436  .. Need to set preference.. Site > Utilities > Preference management > Client Customization.. set it to yes .. if already set ... check if any changes made to custom action model

Sandeep_S_Desai_0-1669285437016.png

Thanks. I tried to do that, but looks like that option is not available (please see attached). I accessed the Preference Management from: >>Quick Links > My Settings > Preferences. For some reason I can't see the Utilities link/button that you mentioned. If you can share a screenshot of how to access that way, it would help a lot!

Looks like this is the right solution. However, I was not able to see this option since the Admin blocked it for safety reasons.

Thanks everyone!

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:BS_10483436)

Bert

Maybe you are looking for domain.com/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/doc.html  ?

For Windchill Rest Services? There is also a 100 page WRS guide (current version is WRS 2.3 Guide). 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs254366

You do not want the old Swagger REST API, it is becoming obsolete

cheers -- Rick

I think so, I'm just trying to find the way to access to all the REST API endpoints, I know I can access them directly from WC, but, as I mentioned above, for some reason I can't find the Client Customization option in the Preference Management  menu. Thanks.

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:BS_10483436)

Me either. 

But you might enjoy page 343 "Customizing Domains" in "Windchill REST Services 2.3
User’s Guide". I have not needed to use this yet.  There is a related how-to presentation from PTC somewhere, I would like to re-view it if you can find it.

Anyhow, ODATA in Windchill seems to reward a try-and-see approach.

cheers -- Rick

Top Tags