cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Reassign Task as a grantable permission. Unavailable in Windchill PDMLink 9.1 - 12.1 Clarification.

FrancisMason
4-Participant

Reassign Task as a grantable permission. Unavailable in Windchill PDMLink 9.1 - 12.1 Clarification.

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M010-CPS02

I have been asked by our business to provide them with the capability to reassign workflow tasks to another user. They asked for Product Manager role membership at first but we would first like to see if this is a permission that can be granted granularly rather than giving the full role membership. I have already researched this and found that it cannot be done due to this functionality being hard coded into the Product/Project/Library Manager roles and the Site/Org Administrator groups and is not on the list of available actions in the "Configure Actions for Roles" app in context Team management. However I've read an article that seems to suggest that it can be done in Windchill 12.1. The article URL is https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS394511?source=search&source=copyurl where it clearly states that the "Reassign Task" action can be granted within the "Configure Actions for Roles". Please confirm or clarify.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am using version 12.0 and can confirm that I do not have the option to configure the action by role to the action Reassign Task.

I also checked the mapping between the license assigned to the user and the available actions (from Site --> Profiles) .

And I can't find the action reassign task among the available ones.

I recommend that you open a call to technical support.

Marco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I am using version 12.0 and can confirm that I do not have the option to configure the action by role to the action Reassign Task.

I also checked the mapping between the license assigned to the user and the available actions (from Site --> Profiles) .

And I can't find the action reassign task among the available ones.

I recommend that you open a call to technical support.

Marco

Thanks Marco, I did get confirmation which matches your findings.  Thanks for checking Windchill 12.0, that was valuable to my research.

Francis.

Thanks for the feedback about release 12.0.  This helped my research.  Documentation from PTC matched our findings, that Reassign Task is not grantable as a specific right for a user or group as it is hard coded into the Product Manager and Library Manager roles.

Announcements

Top Tags