cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Reassign Workflow - New Iteration

d.calzavara
3-Visitor

Reassign Workflow - New Iteration

Windchill PDMLink 12.1.2

Changed the code inside the workflow expressions, and need to assign the new workflow iteration to a part that has the old workflow iteration already running. But without start the workflow over.

Need to keep the same workflow point execution for the new workflow iteration.

How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @d.calzavara 

Unfortunately there is not a way how to update running workflow to new iteration.

Always you need to start new workflow with new iteration.

So you can just stop the existing wf and run new one and finish all tasks as a admin.

I have experience if you need to keep your workflow running with new code update you need to define this on the start of wf customization that you would need it. 

Instead of writing a full code to a expression you just call your function where all work is done. 

Then you can update  your code anytime you need without stopping running workflow 

PetrH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

HI @d.calzavara 

Unfortunately there is not a way how to update running workflow to new iteration.

Always you need to start new workflow with new iteration.

So you can just stop the existing wf and run new one and finish all tasks as a admin.

I have experience if you need to keep your workflow running with new code update you need to define this on the start of wf customization that you would need it. 

Instead of writing a full code to a expression you just call your function where all work is done. 

Then you can update  your code anytime you need without stopping running workflow 

PetrH

Top Tags