cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Referential integrity violations occurred for this operation

aakolkar
4-Participant

Referential integrity violations occurred for this operation

Hi Fellow Windchillers and ProE users,

Have a Wildfire 3 assembly with many parts, subassemblies and family table instances (the size of this assembly is approx. 1.1 MB, dont know the exact no. of parts)

When I try to upload this assembly to PDMLink 8 get the error- "Referential integrity violations occurred for this operation" There is no more information in this error.

Upon searching the web and PTC forums came to know that this might be related to unverified family table instances. Please let me know how I can verify family table instances in an assembly created by someone else.

Also there is a suggestion to use Info>reference viewer to solve the dependencies. Have been using Wildfire 3 and dont know much about the reference viewer. I have access to Wildfire 4 and this reference viewer is available in it. Please let me know how I can use this reference viewer to solve the above error. Got this video on PTC University about the reference viewer: http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/717/using-the-reference-viewer-to-display-break-dependencies.  This video describes about "break dependencies" for dependents with red cross on them. However this option is not available in Wildfire 4. Please let me know how break dependencies can be achieved in Wildfire 4.

Cheers!!

-Amol

2 REPLIES 2
aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:aakolkar)

Was able to see the "break dependencies" option in the reference viewer in Wildfire-4. Is the "reference viewer" meant only for viewing or do the break dependency actions performed in the reference viewer get propagated/saved to the assembly/part on which it is being performed. Also when/under what conditions is the "break dependency"option visible?

I am planning to use the "reference viewer" which is available in Wildfire-4 for an assembly created in Wildfire-3. If this works out please let me know if it is ok to upload/checkin an assembly created in Wildfire-3 using Wildfire-4

Thanks,

-Amol

Silicon Meadows Design Limited (Alicon Group)

aakolkar
4-Participant
(To:aakolkar)

In Wildfire-3 on selecting the model right click info>model gives us the information about the external references which are due to for example- external copy geometry. These external references can be easily viewed for a single part but how to view this for an assembly with many parts.

These external references appear in the Windchill workspace after the assembly is uploaded. But is there any way to find/detect these references before the assembley is uploaded to workspace apart from the method mentioned above.

Thanks,

Amol

Top Tags