cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Referential integrity violations occurred for this operation"

EricHuffman
2-Guest

Referential integrity violations occurred for this operation"

Gurus,

I get the subject error when attempting to upload or check-in from Pro/E Workspace.

The only difference from today and last successful check in was I deleted some external references and some ghost objects.

Some parts checkin okay and others get this error.

Have you seen this error and do you know what the error means?

Wildfire 4.0 Datecode m170

Windchill 9.0 Datecode m030

Thanks,

Eric

1 REPLY 1

Eric,

We get that error all the time. The error shows up every time we delete external references. I have had several tech support calls on this issue, they don't have a clear solution or explanation as to what it means or why it happens. There is no one specific solution, but I have several work arounds that may work.

- In Pro/E (not your workspace) go to FILE -> CHECK-IN -> AUTO CHECK-IN (for some reason this method sometimes works when a workspace check-in does not)

- Remove the ghost objects and any other files that were related to this one from your workspace and then try to check in again.

- Do a backup of the file from Pro/E to the hard drive, remove the file and any related files from your work space and erase from session. Now open the file from the hard drive and save it to the work space. It will appear as a new object in the work space. Now do an update on it in the work space but DO NOT allow it to replace the file in the Pro/E session. Save the file again from Pro/E (make sure it is still the newer one without the external references.) Now try a check-in again.

- If all else fails create place holder objects for the ghost files in the workspace and just check them in along with your file. Least desirable solution but I have had a few cases where that was the only option.

This is the by far the worst error that I have come across and the toughest to solve since one solution does not work every time. I still don't really understand what it means or why it has a problem with removal of the external references.

Let me know how it goes. I can try to offer more help if needed.
Top Tags