cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Regaining windchill Licenses after a user is removed

tjerome
9-Granite

Regaining windchill Licenses after a user is removed

I am running Windchill PDM Link 11.1 CPS 20. When a user retires of leaves the company I have an account that can be disabled or removed from Windchill DS and Windchill. My question is what happens to their license allocation? Do I get those back?

For example each Windchill user expends or gets one of these licenses in 11.1 

PTC mechanical Design I License

PTC IP Protection License

PTC EBOM Mgmt License

PTC Author License

Would I get these back each time I remove a user from Windchill or is there some other process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:tjerome)

When a user is deleted from Windchill, they are automatically deleted from all group memberships.  Since licensing is applied via groups, the licenses are automatically returned to the pool of available licenses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:tjerome)

When a user is deleted from Windchill, they are automatically deleted from all group memberships.  Since licensing is applied via groups, the licenses are automatically returned to the pool of available licenses.

Thank you!

we move "leavers" to the Deleted Org in Windchill since we have many "returners". moving a user from one Org to another does not remove their group affiliations, so you must manually remove their groups and license groups as part of the process.

its a tedious process, but allows us to bring back returning users to their same account without creating a new one.

Top Tags