cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Regarding versioning in Windchill 10.2 M030

cbabhulgaonkar
1-Newbie

Regarding versioning in Windchill 10.2 M030

Hello,

I am using Windchill 10.2 M030. I want to change the version of CAD File. I have change the series according to and also added custom seed. Also selected appropriate seed for required state. But When I am changing the state it's version not changed. Suppose in Design state I want version DE1.1 & so on..  and in Prototype state i want PRT1.1. What configuration need to be done in order to achieve the Required version. Please Guide.

6 REPLIES 6

People do all kinds of really bizarre (and many time harmful) things with Revision series.  Think really hard before putting in place - make sure that you're not forcing Windchill to accommodate something that only made sense in the paper world.

In general though, the missing key may be mapping to the correct seed for each state in the lifecycle template. The OTB mapping is blank, with NUMERIC and MILSTD available as choices.  Have to register any additional seeds.

Hello Mike thank you for reply.

I am not forcing to accommodate something into windchill. Firstly I added Series with the seed name and loaded into windchill. Then by using enumcustom i added seed to life cycle. Then I have created Life cycle for CAD Document with using custom version series and then OIR for same CAD document.

What i want is in design state version should be DE1 and for Production state it should start with OTB MILSTD. For this task what else configuration required. Please Guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandrakant.

These are the high level steps.

1. Create revision series

2. Load the revision series

3. Enable revision series in LC administrator with enumcustomize

4.Set the revision series in LC Administrator

Another thing is,  even with all this configuration, the revisions will not be set until you revise the object. If you are using promotion, you can enable automatic revision

Hello sir,

Thank you for Reply. As you mentioned above i have followed same procedure. Firstly loaded the version series then added new series after Loaded that series file. Using enumCustomize I added new seed in LC. Then created Life cycle. Tell one thing how to enable the revision series.

Kindly reply.

Regards,

Chandrakant.

Hi Chandrakant,

Did you assign the revision schema in OIR?

Best Regards,

Ravi Kandepu.

Yes sir I have added this

<AttrValue id="MBA|versionInfo" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.vc.server.impl.VersionInfoGenerator">

<Arg>wt.series.HarvardSeries.StateBased</Arg>

</AttrValue>

coding for OIR.

What else need to be done to get the versioning schema?

Thanking you,

Regards,

Chandrakant.

Top Tags