cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Related Objects of Creo Generic shows no Where Used

akelly
11-Garnet

Related Objects of Creo Generic shows no Where Used

Using Windchill 11 inside Creo.

Looking at the Commonspace view of a generic of a CAD Part part. Click Related Objects tab.  The Where Used section shows no places where the generic is used.  That is not right - I know the generic is assembled to dozens of models.

Created a user-defined tab where I added the Family Tree.  Clicked on the "i" to get the Commonspace information of one of the instances. Clicked on the Related Objects.  It gives me some where used, but I know it's not all of them.

I haven't cone through the exercise, but I bet if I walk through the entire family table, I would eventually find all of the where-used.  That is a lot of work, and I can't believe that's an intended behavior or a way to modify that behavior.

There's apparently a big difference in parent/child relationships between Creo and Windchill.  Working outside of a Windchill server, the instances don't exist as stand-alone files.  They're all tabulated inside the generic.  The generic has a where-used.  The assembly only contains the instructions of which instance(s) to retrieve.

Is there ANY way to get Windchill to show where used of the generic and all of its instances in one shot??  Reporting that the generic isn't used anywhere is misleading at best, and blatantly wrong at worst.

1 REPLY 1
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:akelly)

@akelly

Hi, I checked with Tech Support

"What the customer is looking for is not possible OOTB.  See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS41147.

They should look into performing some kind of customization."

Please come back to this thread and let us know how you resolved your issue.

Top Tags