cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Released Document Notification

RocketMan
1-Newbie

Released Document Notification

I'm looking for a way to notify my organization (or certain people in it) when a part is released. Is the best place to do that in the Promotion workflow after the "Set State: Released" action, or would I do this in the Notification Rules Manager?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

One way is to send an email within a Promotion Request (or change notice) workflow to a Group. Without changing the workflow, you can then manage membership in the group over time.

Another similar approach is to subscribe to all objects in a Folder but make the subscription to a group rather than a person. out changing the subscription, you can then manage membership in the group over time.

Thanks Mike! Is there a way to edit the workflow in a safe (test) environment in case something doesn't work right? Although it's a relatively simple change, I'd like to confirm that it works before implementing if at all possible.

You of course have multiple non-production Windchill test systems and source control of your workflow templates, correct?

To the best of my knowledge, no. I've checked with the person within our organization who has the most experience with Windchill and he said we do not have a test system. Does such a system come with Windchill PDM Link 9.1 M040?

Need to plan for and provide and maintain multiple systems for the long term. No downside to installing Windchill a half dozen places to play with. One system at least should be "pre-production" and as similar to production as possible, rehosted occasionally from production such that it has all the same data and configurations.

These are fundamental needs and processes; should not be "in production" without them.

Are there published instructions on how to install multiple systems/setup said systems/rehost these systems?

Thanks very much for your help!

Contact me separately if you like.

mike.lockwood@alconlabs.com

In addition, Ben, you can find links to Windchill and EDC documentation for installing, configuring, and rehosting Windchill on the Windchill Installation and Configuration Resource Page on ptc.com.

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications
T 763.957.8299 E -

Top Tags