cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Remove attachments when doing Revision

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

Remove attachments when doing Revision

We keep a dxf file as attachment to the drawing A. When doing revision the attachment of the A versionis copyed to the new B revision. If the process that should generate a new B-version dxf fails we end up with a wrong A version dxf file attached to the B version of the drawing. How can we automatically delete that attachment when doing revision ?

Regards,
Bernard

6 REPLIES 6

Not exactly what you are asking, but worth metioning and investigating.

There is a Windchill Preference to determine handling of secondary contentwhen Help Center.

I don't find this in Windchill 9.1, is this only introduced from version 10 on maybe ?

Regards,
Bernard

Bernard,

I don't think there is an OOTB way to do this however, I have coded our workflow such that inappropriate content (was well as inappropriate associations) are deleted.

To delete the content, either Primary of Secondary (attachments), you can delete either the HolderToContent link or the ApplicationData.

David Graham

In Reply to Bernard Wielfaert:

We keep a dxf file as attachment to the drawing A. When doing revision the attachment of the A versionis copyed to the new B revision. If the process that should generate a new B-version dxf fails we end up with a wrong A version dxf file attached to the B version of the drawing. How can we automatically delete that attachment when doing revision ?

Regards,
Bernard

David,

Bernard,

2 approaches could be

1) Have a workflow triggered from the initial state (state which the new revision goes into). Use code inside the workflow to delete the attachments.

2) Have an event listener on the revise event, which will delete the attachments.

We are looking for the same functionality: don't copy over the attached secondary documents at revise. Any solutions available that we can reuse without reinventing the wheel? I would be very interested!

Top Tags