cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Replacing files on previous versions of Windchill Document

RW_10288324
3-Visitor

Newbie***

I am Looking for any SQL to remove Primary Content or Secondary Content of a Windchill document without increasing the iteration of the object.

***Additionally would like to replace, the removed files with an additional corrected file.

I know this fully goes against the purpose of Windchill principles and auditing, but need to correct an object.

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:RW_10288324)

It won't just be SQL, it will also require getting the new files into the file vault (or the database).  It's very straight forward to do with a custom utility, but you will need to build this or have someone build it for you (like @d_graham).

I was considering manipulation Windchill Tool - ContentVerify to confirm the files in the vault and than manipulate to replace the files.

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:RW_10288324)

Hi @RW_10288324 

How about rolling back one iteration first (delete the latest iteration) then check-in your new file. That way the iteration won’t be increased.
Or is it more a case that you don’t want anyone to know what you’ve done!?!?!?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rhart)

BUT what IF the object only has 1 iteration in Windchill.

Why would you need to hide a mistake?

Make the correction as the wcadmin, accept that the iteration has increased and move on.

Better to correct the mistake with a note than hide it and have someone find it later through log files.

Sorry not an option. It would be good to simply delete all revisions and iterations and have the user start again. But can not go with this approach.

@RW_10288324 , hi

@TomU is correct. Deleting any Primary or Secondary content via SQL is no problem but adding content should be done using the APIs and can be done using the APIs without iterating the Document.

David

Top Tags