Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Manager - SQL Unions

Report Manager - SQL Unions

All,

I've been deconstructing some of the OOTB reports for Windchill (8.0 m050) and have come across a question.

Does the Report Manager support the use of SQL Unions when authoring reports?

For example:

The OOTB "Change Request Influx and Resolution" report uses a Union to join results from 2 distinct queries, Change Request Influx and Change Request Resolution. The code is very clear when viewing the xml. However when you edit the qml file with the Report Manager you only see the query for the Influx portion of the query.

So my question is, does the Report Manager support creating SQL Unions?

Thanks,
Darin Sensabaugh
1 REPLY 1

RE: Report Manager - SQL Unions

Darin,

IMO (in 8.0 M040), the report manager creates UNIONqueries in order to generalize object types when you request information about a more general object type. It builds a UNION of all the subtypes of the given type (E.G : if you request a WTObject, it generates a UNION of all tables that contain WTObjects). I have not found any way of creating a union query of my own.

In Reply to Darin Sensabaugh:

All,

I've been deconstructing some of the OOTB reports for Windchill (8.0 m050) and have come across a question.

Does the Report Manager support the use of SQL Unions when authoring reports?

For example:

The OOTB "Change Request Influx and Resolution" report uses a Union to join results from 2 distinct queries, Change Request Influx and Change Request Resolution. The code is very clear when viewing the xml. However when you edit the qml file with the Report Manager you only see the query for the Influx portion of the query.

So my question is, does the Report Manager support creating SQL Unions?

Thanks,
Darin Sensabaugh
Announcements