cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Report Manager

KarlWennerholm
1-Newbie

Report Manager

Hi,

I need to create a report that lists Change Requests and their connected Problem Reports.

For example, the preferable output would be:

ECR#: Date Created: PR# Date Created:

ECR-123 1/4/2006 10:20:30 PR-123 1/4/2005 10:20:30

PR-456 1/4/2004 10:20:30

ECR-456

and so on...

The goal is to get the time from Problem reported to ECR initiated.

It seems to me that my query needs to involve some kind of link/reference between ECR and PR, could be wrong though.

As you understand I'm pretty new to this, have only done some simple reports and finding a good source for learning is hard.

Please let me know if more information on the subject is needed.

Thankful for any tips.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karl...you are correct. There needs to be a join created on the 'Join' tab.

'From' tab > your 2 types to pull should be wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2 and wt.change2.ChangeIssue.

Here is how the Join tab should look:

7-2-2013+3-45-55+PM.jpg

You can then proceed to choose attributes from both linked objects in the 'Select' tab.

hope this helps!

Eric

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Karl...you are correct. There needs to be a join created on the 'Join' tab.

'From' tab > your 2 types to pull should be wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2 and wt.change2.ChangeIssue.

Here is how the Join tab should look:

7-2-2013+3-45-55+PM.jpg

You can then proceed to choose attributes from both linked objects in the 'Select' tab.

hope this helps!

Eric

Has anyone created this in the new tools in Windchill 11. I have tried creating this but the dialog looks different and I am not sure what I am doing incorrect. Thanks

It could be your browser language.

Are you using something different from English?

Anyway, when selecting types you can choose to use internal names and that way language doesn't matter.

Marco

Wasn't really a language issue it was a GUI change issue coupled with Windchill 11 changing how change objects were linked in version 11. Below are the screen shots I used to get Windchill 11 to give a list of problem reports and ECR's that they were linked to. In Windchill 11 you need to use a Change Process Link instead of the Binary link

Tables and Joins.png

Karl,

in the next days I will add your discussion at this document Resource for reporting

I hope you can find other useful things in it.

Marco
Top Tags