cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Report Template

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Report Template

Hi Guys,

I am following the steps like in the link below, but I am not sure how to work on point 12.

12. Use the Criteria tab to specify any additional criteria that should automatically be applied. For more information, see Query Builder Criteria.
The Sort tab does not affect how the search results are sorted.

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/LclSrchAdvancedSearchExampleReportTemplate.html

Regards,

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

In the query builder you have to check that the report can be used in the advanced search 

HelesicPetr_1-1708613587679.png

and also you need to specify what type of object the report can be used in the table and joins

HelesicPetr_0-1708613550364.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

In the below example first I have created a report to show parts , in the second part I have used constraint tab sub select

on table WTUser to have only parts created by wcadmin

I hope this answers your question

Fede

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

The paragraph 12 says that you can set additional criteria internally in the Report template on the Criteria tab in the query builder editor and users can not change that criteria.

Also the last sentence of the paragraph 12 says that the Sort tab in the queribulder editor does not take effect in the advanced search result table. 

Is it more clear?

PetrH

Thanks for the reply @Fadel @HelesicPetr

@HelesicPetr Thanks for the more details.

@Fadel  can we use this report template in Advanced Search,

Regards,

Aj

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

@Fadel  as you said I enabled the available for use in Advanced Search i can't see the like the below one.

Refer to the first conversation link. 

ReportTemplatePart2.png

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

In the query builder you have to check that the report can be used in the advanced search 

HelesicPetr_1-1708613587679.png

and also you need to specify what type of object the report can be used in the table and joins

HelesicPetr_0-1708613550364.png

PetrH

Top Tags