cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Report to list WTParts of particular view

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Report to list WTParts of particular view

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a report to catch list of WTParts of particular view.

I've started working on the report attached in this article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=subscription&n=CS208737

As usual, without using a sub selection, you can see all revisions.

Can someone help me to build it?

P.S.: SQL query it's not an answer for this specific case.

Marco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've got the solution from Marco Ferrari‌.

First of all it's necessary to add an OR condition in criteria, and relative sub-select, for each view (7 in my case).

OR_criteria.PNG

Then in sub-select you must add criteria to have the latest for each view, in the same way that you work to get the latest version of a WTPart.

Sub-select_from.PNG

Sub-select_Select.PNG

Sub-select_Criteria.PNG

Marco

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I did some work to get my report, but without success (what I was expecting were 4 objects).

I followed this two ways:

The result (7 objects) was the same I got doing a search in Windchill GUI (latest iteration of every version for every view).

Then I followed what is described in this presentation query builder Latest Revision to get only the very latest, but again without success.

The result (2 objects) gave me only the latest version of plant views, but it wasn't correct because Design and Mfg views were missing.

Anyone has some further ideas?

Marco

I've opened a case with support, but haven't still got an answer.

Anyone has a suggestion?

Marco

I've got the solution from Marco Ferrari‌.

First of all it's necessary to add an OR condition in criteria, and relative sub-select, for each view (7 in my case).

OR_criteria.PNG

Then in sub-select you must add criteria to have the latest for each view, in the same way that you work to get the latest version of a WTPart.

Sub-select_from.PNG

Sub-select_Select.PNG

Sub-select_Criteria.PNG

Marco
rleir
17-Peridot
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hi Marco

Newer versions of WC do not have the Java screens that you show, they have a Javascript GUI which looks different. Would you be able to show how to get the latest revision using the newer screens please?

thanks -- Rick 

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:rleir)

Hi Rick,

GUI for Report Builder in newer versions of Windchill has changed, but you can build the sub-selection in the same way as the old one.

Marco
Top Tags