cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Republish only Latest EPM Docs regardless of whether or not one exists?

tjallen29
6-Contributor

Republish only Latest EPM Docs regardless of whether or not one exists?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is an easy one to answer: We're using PDMLink 10.0 (M030) with Creo Parametric 1.0, and I would like to republish my entire visualization database (drawings only). Realizing that this would be a heavy task to put on my CAD worker, I want to limit the republish job to only the latest iterations of drawings. Additionally I have a lot of drawings with representations that are corrupted (no thumbnail and clicking the representation launches CreoView, but nothing happens. No drawing.)

Therefore, when choosing from the WVS Scheduler Job types I only have a couple of options:

PublishAllLatestEPMDocumentsNoRepresentation, which while it will only grab the latest iterations (which I want), it will (I'm assuming) skip the corrupted ones (which I don't want) as Windchill is only looking for drawings with no current representation.

- or -

PublishAllEPMDocuments, which will republish all of my drawings, but every iteration - not just the latest.

Perhaps PublishAllDefaultRepresentations will get me what I want, or will this not be limited to just drawings? Will this also skip any drawings that for some reason don't have a published rep.?

Please let me know if my interpretation of the Publish Job Types are in error, or if there is a way to make a custom job type to grab just the latest drawings and republish them regardless of whether they've been published previously.

If it's not possible to schedule to publish this way should I run a PublishAllDefaultRepresentations followed by PublishAllLatestEPMDocumentsNoRepresentation? Or better off to go with PublishAllEPMDocuments and just wait it out (which could take weeks)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
tjallen29
6-Contributor
(To:tjallen29)

I see that there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem? I intend to attempt to rebublish all Default Representations this weekend,.. so it there is a more preferred method to "Publish All Latest EPM Documents" please let me know!

Thank you.

Top Tags