cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Republish only Latest EPM Docs regardless of whether or not one exists?

Participant

Republish only Latest EPM Docs regardless of whether or not one exists?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is an easy one to answer: We're using PDMLink 10.0 (M030) with Creo Parametric 1.0, and I would like to republish my entire visualization database (drawings only). Realizing that this would be a heavy task to put on my CAD worker, I want to limit the republish job to only the latest iterations of drawings. Additionally I have a lot of drawings with representations that are corrupted (no thumbnail and clicking the representation launches CreoView, but nothing happens. No drawing.)

Therefore, when choosing from the WVS Scheduler Job types I only have a couple of options:

PublishAllLatestEPMDocumentsNoRepresentation, which while it will only grab the latest iterations (which I want), it will (I'm assuming) skip the corrupted ones (which I don't want) as Windchill is only looking for drawings with no current representation.

- or -

PublishAllEPMDocuments, which will republish all of my drawings, but every iteration - not just the latest.

Perhaps PublishAllDefaultRepresentations will get me what I want, or will this not be limited to just drawings? Will this also skip any drawings that for some reason don't have a published rep.?

Please let me know if my interpretation of the Publish Job Types are in error, or if there is a way to make a custom job type to grab just the latest drawings and republish them regardless of whether they've been published previously.

If it's not possible to schedule to publish this way should I run a PublishAllDefaultRepresentations followed by PublishAllLatestEPMDocumentsNoRepresentation? Or better off to go with PublishAllEPMDocuments and just wait it out (which could take weeks)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Republish only Latest EPM Docs regardless of whether or not one exists?

I see that there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem? I intend to attempt to rebublish all Default Representations this weekend,.. so it there is a more preferred method to "Publish All Latest EPM Documents" please let me know!

Thank you.