cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Reset custom splash and header images

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Reset custom splash and header images

Hi All,

How do I reset these!?!

I created custom \codebase\wtcore\images\bblks\l_ptc_splash.gif and \codebase\netmarkets\images\22A_windchill_logo_x20.png files and replaced the OOTB ones.

Now, I've copied the OOTB ones back and they are not showing, e.g. my custom ones show inthe web browser even though the files are changed.

I have; 1. deleted the \instances 2. restarted everything 3. Cleared webbrowser cache

It must be caching these somewhere I'm missing. Any idea?

Thanks!

-V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All,

I found the issue to be user error. The wrong files were being changed. The proper files to change for WC 10.2 are:

Splash screen: \codebase\wtcore\images\bblks\l_ptc_splash.png

Banner logo: \codebase\netmarkets\images\WClogo.gif

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:vmcdaniel)

I've had the same issue.  Clearing the browser's cache never seemed to make any difference.  If I went to a computer that had never loaded Windchill before they looked fine.  Go back to my computer and it would show the old images.  Usually it would "fix" itself after a week or two.  Never did figure out why...

ybagul
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Check if following helps.

• Go to Start > Run > Type %temp% > click on Ok > Select all and delete the content of this folder for instance: <%UserProfile%>\AppData\Temp

Deleting the %temp% content has no effect. Did that work for you?

Antonio Villanueva‌ you got any idea on this?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

When you clear browser cache are you also unselecting the option to "Preserve Favorites website data"?  I usually have the following selected/unselected when I clear browser cache:

6-24-2015 6-07-42 PM.png

This is appearing for all users, on all machines. So it appears it is the WIndchill server not pushing down the new files. Windchill itself has the image cached somewhere.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Try clearing the Tomcat cache.

tomcat_cache.PNG

If that doesn't work, try going through everything in CS29555.

Thanks Tom. Clearing Tomcat Instances had no effect. I'll looking that article.

PREETI GUPTA‌ have you seen this before?

Matthew Knight‌, have you delt with this one?

We have same issu with icons (Windchill 10.1 M30)...  The Type and Attribute manager shows new icons, Advanced Search and all other pages show old icons.  After a while, all new icons are shown, a few hours later the old ones appear again.

We don't experience this behaviour on the Windchill Test Environment.

All,

I found the issue to be user error. The wrong files were being changed. The proper files to change for WC 10.2 are:

Splash screen: \codebase\wtcore\images\bblks\l_ptc_splash.png

Banner logo: \codebase\netmarkets\images\WClogo.gif

Top Tags