cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Reset participants of a long running workflow activity

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Reset participants of a long running workflow activity

I have a workflow task which is assigned to a WTGroup. When the task is alive, users get added and removed to the group. The workflow tasks which are alive does not reflect any changes made to the group, I tried modifying the wf team and it works only for new tasks not the already existing ones, reassignment through API works but this is not a reassignment so I do not want to use that option. Any thoughts on an API which I can do to refresh the existing tasks? Thanks in Advance. 

wftask.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Binesh,

Did you try the following API to see if that allows you to refresh the team with the group modification and task addition/deletion.

wt.team.TeamHelper.service.augmentRoles(Obj, wt.team.TeamReference.newTeamReference(wt.team.TeamHelper.service.getTeam(Obj)));

If this works you might want to check if there is a event for  on Group modification and try a listener.

Regards,

Bhushan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Thank you Sergey.

Unfortunately, the PBO I am dealing with is AbstractWP, not  a VersionableChangeItem.

Go to the change object and go to the Actions button.

Select Reassign Llife Cycles.

The default selection is "Use Latest iteration of current Life Cycle template.

The second default option is "Preserve current state" which is typically what you want.

Then also add a reason why you are doing this in the note box.

Hi Steve,

This did not help either. There is no role resolution through LC. It is actually the WF activity which i want to refresh

Hi Binesh,

Did you try the following API to see if that allows you to refresh the team with the group modification and task addition/deletion.

wt.team.TeamHelper.service.augmentRoles(Obj, wt.team.TeamReference.newTeamReference(wt.team.TeamHelper.service.getTeam(Obj)));

If this works you might want to check if there is a event for  on Group modification and try a listener.

Regards,

Bhushan

Hello Bhushan,

Thank you for the reply.  augumentrole API didn't update the tasks assignment, I am wondering this is because the task is assigned to the group instead of a role

Thanks Bhushan. 

I changed from Activitiy Participants mapped directly to group  to Activity Participants mapped to a role to a group.

After that the wt.team.TeamHelper.service.augmentRoles(object, wt.team.TeamReference.newTeamReference(wt.team.TeamHelper.service.getTeam(Obj))) method updated the participants.

Thanks again for your help.

Top Tags