cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Restore a saved version

baorozzo
4-Participant

Restore a saved version

Hi.
Today, after saving it, I was uploading my assembly and drawing, but Windchill asked me to update 2 objects that the workspace decided to set as new even if already existing on the common space.
After the update he asked to replace also some other files that were on the assembly and being in a hurry to complete the job, i gave it an ok.

I soon realized that with that update I lost everything.
By updating these extra files windchill decided to came back to the version of these files that were just copied from an existing assembly.
So instead of the saved version of this afternoon (2019-01-21 15:30) now I have the assembly and the drawings that are like just copied (2019-01-16 16:46).
Is there any way to try to have the latest version of these files back?
Or have I lost everything and I have to redraw it again?

Thank you for your answer...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:baorozzo)

If workspace frames are turned on then you can revert back to the frame prior to the update.  See help:  https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FCADxSrvrWspOviewFramesAbout.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:baorozzo)

If workspace frames are turned on then you can revert back to the frame prior to the update.  See help:  https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FCADxSrvrWspOviewFramesAbout.html

baorozzo
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hi and thanks for your kind reply.
Unluckily this option was not enabled, our ptc support never set this even if it was enabled on Pro-E.
So when we switch from Pro-E wildfire 4 to Creo 2.0 we thought this option was gone.
We asked for this but we got no reply from the people at ptc that followed us.
Better now than never, I suppose.

But luckily our IT made a backup of the working directory, so I lost just a couple of hours of work.
So in the end, the motto “there are 2 kind of people, the whom who made backup and the one that wished he made it” is another time, true.

Thanks you again.
Top Tags