cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Restore deleted group

MikeFoster
2-Guest

Restore deleted group

A group was mistakenly deleted in the Principal Administrator. This group is used in a number places such as ACL's, teams, other groups, and saved searches. Last time this happened I spent a few hours fixing it which involved going in to all those tools and manually recreating everything. Is there an easier way? Can I import last night's backed up .ldif export file? Or recreate the group in the WindchillDS control panel? (9.1 M060)

Thanks,

Mike Foster
ATK
1 REPLY 1

If no new users etc have been changed since last nights backup, you can import the ldif. Search in participant / principal admin for the group. This will restore the database entries. Lastly, go into workgroup and update the ida2a2 of the deleted/restored group. That should do the trick. One thing I would check before performing this is if the system already deleted references to the group in policy admin. Lifecycles and workflows and teams are apt to retain the reference. Haven't checked in some time.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
Top Tags