cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Restrict on Edit Page

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

Restrict on Edit Page

I need to restrict the attributes on my edit page to different users. For example, while I cannot see some attributes for user X, I want user Y to see all of them. How can I make this distinction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:smcvr)

Hi @smcvr 

If you need to restrict the access to IBA attributes, you can do it by profiles.

Set own profile to one group, and another own profile to second group of users

You can set what user can do or see. Attibute or just value, atc.

HelesicPetr_2-1678692293016.png

.PetrH

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @smcvr 

If you need to restrict the access to IBA attributes, you can do it by profiles.

Set own profile to one group, and another own profile to second group of users

You can set what user can do or see. Attibute or just value, atc.

HelesicPetr_2-1678692293016.png

.PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thanks @HelesicPetr  I solved my problem with your answer 🙂

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

This situation also affects the create screen. Do you have a solution for the edit screen only?

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @smcvr 

Oh I expected that Edit wizard also means create wizard.

To restrict the access just in the edit wizard means you can achieve it by a customization.

For example crate datautility that is run just in the EditWizard where the restriction is set in the code by your conditions.

or another direction with Create Wizard

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

Hi @HelesicPetr 

I want to show the value I got from "TEMEL PROBLEMLER" with "Temel Problemler Edit" on the edit page. How can I assign String value?

smcvr_0-1678777233754.png

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @smcvr 

Do you want to just show it in the edit wizard? 

Or you are trying to divide one parameter to two that a user can edit one parameter by change the another one? 

I didn't catch the point. 

You can create DataUtility to show value from TEMEL PROBLEMER in your new editable parameter. 

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

I want to assign the value taken for "KEY PROBLEMS" on the Create page to the "Basic Problems Edit" variable on the Edit page.
So I can make constraints on the Edit page, but I need to pull the same values. I did this with Calculated but it couldn't be edited.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@smcvr 

I still miss the point(use  case). It is important to advice the best solution. 

You want that the parameter KEY PROBLEMS is not editable anymore after the Create Wizard is finished?

And you need to set same value to editable parameter called  Basic Problems Edit?

This Basic Problems Edit should be editable in the edit wizard? 

PS> Calculated attributes are just for showing values, not edit. This is fact. 

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

smcvr_0-1678782064589.png

AND

smcvr_1-1678782116107.png

I want to display the value from the create page with a different variable on the edit page. For example, I typed x in TEMEL PROBLEMLER on the create page and I want to show it as x on the edit page in Temel Problemler Edit

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Ok

And you want to change the value in the edit page? store this value in the Temel Problemler Edit and in the future show the new Temel Problemler Edit value?

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

I want it to be changed on the edit page

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

but what? 

I do not have your point of view and you should explain it better. 

If you change Temel Problemler Edit in the edit page should be the value propagated back to the TEMEL PROBLEMLER ?

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

I want to make a restriction on the edit screen, but when I restricted the "TEMEL PROBLEMLER", it also affected the create screen. I thought about creating two separate variables. Someone will take a value on the create screen and assign it to the "Temel Problemler Edit" variable on the edit screen, so when I restrict the "Temel Problemler Edit" variable, it will only affect the edit screen and the users I want can change it on the Edit screen. I thought of such a solution, the only thing I need to do is assign the value I got for TEMEL PROBLEMLER  to the Temel Problemler Edit variable.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@smcvr 

That is the point. 

I would advice to use just one parameter TEMEL PROBLEMLER and create DataUtility, Yes it is customization. 

In the DU you can set a condition if the value is editable or not based on a group and on the wizard type (crate edit). 

Your idea for solution is too complicated and needs to use also the DataUtility so why to do it so complicated. 

first you need to create class for DataUtility,

Then you need to register the datautility in the service.properties

then assign the datautility to the create and edit wizard in the type and attribute management. 

if the input is text area then you can use something like this:

TextArea textArea = null;
try
{
        textArea = new TextArea();
	textArea.setId("getIDFromGeneralComponent");
	textArea.setName("Input from the parameter");
	textArea.setEditable(false); // set that is not editable for group od user
	textArea.setLabel("Input from the parameter"");
	textArea.setReadOnly(true);// set that is not editable for group od user
	textArea.setEnabled(true);
	textArea.setColumnName("nameOfYourAttribte");