cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Resulting Sourcing Status calculations

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Resulting Sourcing Status calculations

It is clear that when viewing a part with only Vendor parts linked to it that the Sourcing Status is showing "No AML". It is true that it lacks an mfg list but why not move up the Vendor status?

aml1.png

aml2.png

Seems they missed the opportunity to show more such that there is a AVL and it has sourcing status. You can use different icons but just stopping at the AML seems wrong to me. What say you? Do you see this as a bug or a gap in functionality? There is an article on this so PTC says working to spec: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS30730?&language=en&posno=1&q=No%20AML%20Vendor%20parts&source=search

My Java coding fingers are getting itchy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I broke down and ended up creating a fake manufacturer for this called "Distributor Parts" and linked them all together. At least they show up now on BOMs. Its just a pass through. Some vendors let you know who the real mfg are but McMaster Carr does not. Moving on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I broke down and ended up creating a fake manufacturer for this called "Distributor Parts" and linked them all together. At least they show up now on BOMs. Its just a pass through. Some vendors let you know who the real mfg are but McMaster Carr does not. Moving on.

Top Tags