cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Resulting change exist

Muthoni_Lewis_M
4-Participant

Resulting change exist

Am new to Creo Windchill . Below image shows versions for 2D with icon for resulting change exist. 

Muthoni_Lewis_M_0-1712568438517.png

When I try to access the 2D in creo , it only opens 3.1 and can not open 3.3. But creo view opens 3.3 .
I am very confused on this workflow , can someone please guide me from basic to advanced on
1. Purpose of this symbol
2. Why four symbols
3. Why Creo opens 3.1 but not 3.3
4. How to fix this to make symbols disappear

Any videos , PDFs etc where I can get more information?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Adding my incremental comments here.

There is no need to bother about the "Resulting Change" Icon, from a user perspective. As Peter explained, It simply means that the drawing is part of a Engg Change Notice. It is supposed to inform other users that this drawing is already a result of a Change Process to alert that the Old Revision is soon going to be paving way for the New Revision(in your case its Rev 3) , when the change process is completed.

Bonus: In your Information page of the 3.3 or 3.2 version of the object, check on the tab "Changes" you should see the Change Notice information.

Cheers

Hari

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Muthoni_Lewis_M 

The resulting change exists just inform you that the object revision 3 is part of resulting table on active change process.

The point why you see the 3.1 version in creo instead of 3.3 is that your workspace version or session version is not up to date and there is still the old one.

You need to update the workspace version to latest one and during this operation the creo session(memory) has to be also updated. 

or add the 3.3 version drawing to a new workspace.

PetrH

Hi,

Adding my incremental comments here.

There is no need to bother about the "Resulting Change" Icon, from a user perspective. As Peter explained, It simply means that the drawing is part of a Engg Change Notice. It is supposed to inform other users that this drawing is already a result of a Change Process to alert that the Old Revision is soon going to be paving way for the New Revision(in your case its Rev 3) , when the change process is completed.

Bonus: In your Information page of the 3.3 or 3.2 version of the object, check on the tab "Changes" you should see the Change Notice information.

Cheers

Hari

Top Tags