cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Retirement and disposal process and associated life cycle states

KNielsen
9-Granite

Retirement and disposal process and associated life cycle states

Hi All

I am working on setting up life cycle states that fits the retirement and disposal process in my organisation.

We have customer commitments, after we have decided to retire a product, and therefore, I am looking for states which can show that these products are going to be retired after the service/spare part period.

Today the state is "just" Released until the service period is done and thereafter the part is closed down.

I would like to be able to inform users in Windchill that these parts should not be included in new designs or at least you should consider the consequences if you do use it.

However I cannot find any OOTB states that supports the retirement process.

How are you handling the process in your organisation and which states are you using?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KNielsen 

I would recommend to add own custom Lifecycle state.

If complex process is needed, I always couldn't find perfect OOTB states.

So try to add custom states as you need by following article 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS42231

Hope that can help.

PetrH

Thank you for your response, I would still like to Hear from other users, like how they have worked with the Retirement process.

- If they have done that at all. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KNielsen)

I would also consider creating a Retired folder and move the file associated with the retired product to that folder, maybe even 1 folder for each product under Retired. It is easier to see what folder a files is loaded from than the lifecycle state so the users can look and see if they have utilized a retired file.

Top Tags