cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Revise after upgrade to 10.2

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Revise after upgrade to 10.2

So I recently upgraded my test server from 10.1 m040 to 10.2 m020. I started testing stuff and came across something that is not a big deal from the big picture but a little disturbing that it would even happen, unless I've missed something that I need to do.

In 10.1 when I revised an object it would go from revision 2.2 to revision 3.0. In 10.2 when I just tried it, the revision went from 2.2 to 3.1. Is this normal with 10.2? What happened to iteration 0? Is there a preference for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's due to your first iteration, not the Revision Series.

This property has the value 1 OTB; need to change to 0.

wt.series.IntegerSeries.min

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

I think the series is referenced in your OIR. Let me see if I can find it...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Yeah, whatever custom versioning scheme you were using on 9.1 needs to be loaded into 10.2.

A sample is shown in the knowlege base here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS23066

Another discussion here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS53009

Fully documented in the Specialized Administration Guide

20.PNG

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

Brian, run this command from a Windchill shell to extract your current series: (change path as necessary)

java wt.series.LoadFileBasedSeries E:\PTC\Windchill_10.2\series.xml -read

Then on your 10.2 system, run this command to load it back in:

java wt.series.LoadFileBasedSeries E:\PTC\Windchill_10.2\series.xml -load

It's due to your first iteration, not the Revision Series.

This property has the value 1 OTB; need to change to 0.

wt.series.IntegerSeries.min

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks Mike! I wish there was a property migrator...

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

There isn't a "property migrator" but one can fairly easily take all the properties in site.conf created / modified after install and dump them into site.conf on the target and then just xconfmanager -p. This needs to be a key part of the upgrade process, not explicitly addressed as a "how-to" in the guides.

Note: If you do in fact have a custom Revision (version) series, then all the above applies. Need to be super careful to not overwrite what you intend to upload. The -read execution has to be to a different filename.

If you migrate site.conf from one WC system to another, suggest you check it to insure all additions you made to your site.conf file do not conflict with the new WC system. Any properties you changed that might have server names, heap size values, GC changes, cache value changes, etc, things like this.

Happy Holidays

Top Tags