Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise permission is hidden for some users in the actions menu

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

Revise permission is hidden for some users in the actions menu

Hello,

I want the Review authority to be hidden for some users in the actions menu. How can I do this?

When I restrict revise authority, I need to ensure that users can revise from within ECN.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:smcvr)

Hi @smcvr 

Set a  Implementation State in Change Context preference and set an Profile to the users who should not see the revise in the standard menu

Or set profile to admins

CS403824 - How to make "Revise" of objects to be available only through Change Process in Windchill PDMLink

CS366231 - Revise action is unavailable or hidden in "New Change Task" window in Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @smcvr 

Have you tested it?

You can hide the revise button is standard action menu, and revise can be available only in the ECN.

But if you restrict the ACL, you can not do the revise in the ECN. 

My question is why one group could do revise only in ECN and an another group could do it anywhere? 

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thank you for your feedback.

I want the revise authority in the actions menu to be available only to admins. Users should only be able to revise within ECN.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @smcvr 

Set a  Implementation State in Change Context preference and set an Profile to the users who should not see the revise in the standard menu

Or set profile to admins

CS403824 - How to make "Revise" of objects to be available only through Change Process in Windchill PDMLink

CS366231 - Revise action is unavailable or hidden in "New Change Task" window in Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thank you very much for your support.

Announcements

Top Tags