cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Revising objects - is this working as intended?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Revising objects - is this working as intended?

Hi everyone, I'm rather new to Windchill, and I plan to take formal training to come up to speed and be able to more properly perform my newly inerited task of system administration, so please bear with me and try to answer the following question about revision process in our current setup (Windchill 9.1):

When a designer performs a revise operation on a Creo part that exists in a cabinet at revision 0.5, the part in the cabinet stays the same, but is now at revision 1.0. The designer then checks out this part, makes the intended design changes and checks the truly-revised part back into the cabinet, now at revision 1.1.

But in the database, there is now an iteration 1.0 that is simply a copy of iteration 0.5; this seems rather wasteful, resource-wise.

So, is this actually intended, or is our "lifecycle" process buggy? Or am I supposed to set up some windchill service that automatically purges these unnecessary iterations? Or are we doing something wrong with the revision operation? I get the same results if I use the "revise and check out" functions directly from within Creo.

On a related note: I'm used to the simple days of Solidworks vault, so is there a way to set things up in Windchill/Creo so that at the time of checking in a part the designer will specify what revision it will be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:psobejko)

Paul,

This is working to spec...the first version of a new revision is always a copy of the latest earlier version.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:psobejko)

Paul,

This is working to spec...the first version of a new revision is always a copy of the latest earlier version.

Top Tags