cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Revision of family table instances

MohanMB
2-Guest

Revision of family table instances

I face a strange situation and i am sure many of you would have also faced this. I want to know if someone has a best approach/solution.

I create a family table and a drawing for the generic part. I call the family table details in this drawing. I create 3 instances for the family table. Now i release all these into windchill as either "prototype" or as "release" state. Next i want to revise only one instance to higher revision. But since everything related to its family is not "in-work" state, i cannot simply bump up the revision of any one instance and checkin. Thus i need to either revise every item of the entire family to make them in-work or just revise the one required instance but along with it, i need to change the state of other related family members to "in-work". Is there a better way to handle the revisions in a family table within Windchill?

Regards,

Mohan

1 REPLY 1
Bob1
1-Newbie
(To:MohanMB)

We use Family Tables a lot and have this issue all the time. We have enabled a few senior users (i.e. people that we trust to not screw things up) with the ability to Set State on instances that are at Released state. Once all the items in the Table are set to In Work, a user can modify and verify the entire Family Table, check it in, and then send all instances back thru a promotion request, some of them still at their original revision and the others at the new revision.

I'm not sure if this is really the recommended way of handling this, but it works for us...

Top Tags