cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Route

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Route

Hi Everyone,

I need your help to explore more on Project Management.

Which i know that Project Management to controlled by the project manager to give the task individually - activity, resource, deliverable, milestone, tracking the activity & status.

Route - set a workflow for the approver and reviewer. (Manually)

Question 1: I want to know, that whatever I create in the project management folder I want to maintain it in a single product context.

Question 2: How we can create an activity for the whole assembly in project management?

for example

1. Design department - I have 1000 components in a single assembly, each component created by a different designer.

The task goes to the designer individual.

1.2 All the task is completed, and everyone is to deliver the component. That task going to the same designer again.

2. After that one designer assembles all the components.

Here I control the task used by predessocers. without all the designer can finish this person can't start.

3. One designer can work on the final drawing.

Here also using predecessors tp control.

Then here set as a milestone for the next department. that activity starts and goes.

Without this, if I miss anything, please help to explore the hidden features in Project Management.

Thanks in Advance,

AJ

3 REPLIES 3

Question 1: If you are looking to restrict it, not sure you can. I think items can be shared from any product. You can related projects and products together. this is all about managing things. Items can only have one product them are part of so you just need to make sure they are all moved to that area.

Question 2: If you make the deliverable the top assembly, I think that will work.

Sounds like you are looking to managed the entire design process up the assembly structure via tasks and workflows. I would think things might not be as orderly like that in practice. Some activities will start in parallel. Some components might be grouped together and done at the same time. This seems to be a very linear project plan.

You might consider Scrum and sprints which can make things execute faster.

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Avil. Apologies for the delay in responding.

Can you share some videos and documents to help me understand this better?

Thanks in Advance,

Aj

I cannot since I am not using Projects and Programs very much. I suggestion reading help, docs, youtube and playing on your dev/test servers.

Top Tags