cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

SOLIDWORKS worker failing

PL_11132441
3-Visitor

SOLIDWORKS worker failing

Solidworks 2022 Professional installed on the Windchill Server running on Azure VM. OS is MS Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Azure Edition and I am aware that it is not supported by the book.
Installed Creo View Adapters 10.0, both SOLIDWORKS and OFFICE worker agents and workers have been setup. OFFICE worker starts and becomes available (though not tested in practice), while SOLIDWORKS is always "Off" or "Fails to start".
Both swbatch.bat and swrunInteractive start without problems: I had luck converting a test.sldprt file in the local adapter folder with swbatch and swrunInteractive brings up the Solidworks GUI.
swworker.bat fails when started directly from the setup folder. In the monitor log file I get the following line "Got version 8 INIT FAILURE (with no description) from WVS.". It is funny that I don't get the same error when I start the Worker agent from the Administration window, but rather "Got INIT SUCCESS reply", However the worker log file states "sw2pv Error:58000: Failed to start SolidWorks " and the worker stays "off" in the Worker Agent Administration.
I have tried to implement all the recommended changes for File Synchronization through WGM in the Windchill Help Center under the title "Using a File Synchronization-Capable Worker with Windchill Workgroup Manager (SOLIDWORKS)", but I don't see any difference in the behavior.
What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solidworks runs perfectly, both swbatch and swinteractive are running without problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:PL_11132441)

Windows Server is not a supported platform by Solidworks.  

Being said that, hope you followed instruction specified at Prerequisites for the Creo View Adapter for SolidWorks (ptc.com) while configuring worker. 

Hi,

Can you try to open Soldoworks manulally and confirm if no any error or pop-up is appearing? Also, Try to run GS worker daemon in the foreground 

Solidworks runs perfectly, both swbatch and swinteractive are running without problems.

Top Tags