cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

SOLR full text indexing

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

SOLR full text indexing

Anyone have any experience yet with indexing using SOLR in Windchill 10?

Executed SOLR today for the first time, on a Windchill 10.0 M010 test install on my workstation. No configurations, no users, total of 2 Word documents. See results attached.

We are very much looking forrward to having full text search available - I must have missed some configuration.

thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12

Along those same lines, would be nice if PTC could index CAD files. Something like notes on the field of the drawing would be a huge benefit. I am working on a JLink app to extract the notes for post processing. It might be possible to create custom index jobs once the text is extracted but that's not my concern right now.

Great news - got it working (perfectly, and instant).

Was just missing this property value (property is present but blank after install). Thanks to Serge Caron for the tip.

[cid:image001.png@01CC7947.B32AD770]

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

That sounds like a great enhancement request.

Haven't tried it yet on 10.0, but we had full text indexing in production on 9.0, and it indexed Pro/E Drawing notes.

We created a test drawing with text in every possible place - notes, tables, callouts, etc., etc. Indexing got most of them - but a few preferences / properties had to be set.

Can't wait to try this now with 10.0.

It sounds like something that should have already been included - not an enhancement...
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Agreed -- and it sounds like it may already be included from further posts.

I was responding under the assumption that the original poster had
determined this capability was not present (as this isn't my area). In
that case it would be a no-brainer, must-have addition and a great
enhancement request -- irrespective of and without dwelling on whether
it should already have been in or not.

Completely agree...

To be fair, never tested it. Mike alluded to some property settings. It
could be I had old information stuck in my head.

So, we have indexing working perfectly now on atest Windchill 10.0 M010 install for Word and text files. But - Per tech support call C10492972 today there is no way to index the text CAD (Pro/E, Creo) drawings with SOLR.

We're super, super disappointed in this - thinking aboutasking tech support the same question a different wayto see if there is any hope.

Anyone have an idea how to customize / fool the system to include CAD Drawings (which are really just text files)????

I have been able to successfully index the text on Pro/E drawings with SOLR. The catch is that you have to publish as PDF and not HPGL. This is a requirement for us to be able to text search the drawings.

Joe

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

So, we have indexing working perfectly now on atest Windchill 10.0 M010 install for Word and text files. But - Per tech support call C10492972 today there is no way to index the text CAD (Pro/E, Creo) drawings with SOLR.

We're super, super disappointed in this - thinking aboutasking tech support the same question a different wayto see if there is any hope.

Anyone have an idea how to customize / fool the system to include CAD Drawings (which are really just text files)????

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JoePriest)

You also cannot have the config option COMPRESS_OUTPUT_FILES set to YES.  At least in 10.1.  See this:

Sounds like a work around or indexing by accident. The source .drw file
should be able to be indexed by SOLR or any future indexing engine.

Top Tags