Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Intralink Attribute Replacement

Level 1

SQL Intralink Attribute Replacement

Everyone,

I have an attribute in Intralink (Material) that is a drop down list. I want
to convert this to a regular string with no restrictions. There is no way to
do this in the Intralink ui. Has anyone tried to accomplish this using sql?
Either through redefining the attribute or removing and recreating?

My initial thought was to create a temporary attribute, sql script copy the
existing values to the temp attribute. Delete the material ddl attribute and
create the new material string attribute. Then sql script copy the original
value from the temp attribute back to the new material attribute.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Have any advice on how difficult it
will be? How will family tables react? Any advice or commentary would be
appreciated? Thanks.

Courtney

1 REPLY 1

Re: SQL Intralink Attribute Replacement

MessageThere is also the problem of any searches or views that have been saved that reference the old attribute. When we asked RAND about doing the opposite of what you want to do, they said the views and searches use an internal ID, not the actual name of the attribute. Any changes to the attributes, but retaining the original name, would have a new internal ID assigned.

--
Ben

"Layne, Courtney" <courtney.layne@fmcti.com> wrote in message news:40181@datamgt...
Everyone,

I have an attribute in Intralink (Material) that is a drop down list. I want to convert this to a regular string with no restrictions. There is no way to do this in the Intralink ui. Has anyone tried to accomplish this using sql? Either through redefining the attribute or removing and recreating?

My initial thought was to create a temporary attribute, sql script copy the existing values to the temp attribute. Delete the material ddl attribute and create the new material string attribute. Then sql script copy the original value from the temp attribute back to the new material attribute.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Have any advice on how difficult it will be? How will family tables react? Any advice or commentary would be appreciated? Thanks.

Courtney