cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Saved Searches - expose without requiring users to unhide it

jthornton
8-Gravel

Saved Searches - expose without requiring users to unhide it

Saved searches are great for finding what you need quickly. As part of a cut over from Pro/INTRALINK we need to configure 5-10 saved search some of which are for view only users. We want to avoid having to train each user how to manually go find and "show" the saved search. It seems strange PTC hasn't allowed admins to expose a saved search without requiring actions from each user. Some just never get the message. This results in our short simple view print LMS course being 1/3 about exposing the searches, which should be pushed to supplemental training

Tech Support says their is no way to automatically expose a saved search but surely some of the smart folks on this community have figured this one out. If so I'd love to hear more.

I'd also like to track down the PTC product manager for the search function. This is a core need to my opinion. At a minimum I think they currently have it backwards. Let admins expose the search and let users hide them if they choose

2 REPLIES 2

can you make this an Idea, so we can vote on it. http://communities.ptc.com/community/windchill?view=idea

Yes for me!

Top Tags