cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Seacrh Issue in M060

achukwuka
1-Newbie

Seacrh Issue in M060

All,

We just updated from M020 to M060 PDMLink and are having issue performing search. When we navigate to the search page and try to type in values in either the Name or Number field, we immediately get a pop-up screen that says "UTF8". I have logged a call with PTC, but wanted to know if anyone out there has seen this issue before. The pop-up screen is below.

[cid:image001.png@01CB8718.1E7378C0]

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
JDPS Division SAP BASIS Team
John Deere Power Systems
Phone: (309) 765-3133
Email: -

8 REPLIES 8

Experiment with advanced search, which forces selecting just one object type. May be the list of object types that are exposed to general search.

Mike,

I have already tried your suggestion with no luck. I was experimenting with advanced search as workaround until PTC gets back to me, but the behavior was same.

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
John Deere Power Systems

Try the following verbose settings and see if the logs give any pointers

com.ptc.windchill.search.task.verbose=true
com.ptc.windchill.search.verbose=true
wt.adapter.verbose=true
wt.adapter.verboseException=true
wt.adapter.verboseWebject=true

Prathap <">http://goo.gl/LuT5>

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Chukwuka Alexius C <
-> wrote:

> Mike,
>
>
>
> I have already tried your suggestion with no luck. I was experimenting
> with advanced search as workaround until PTC gets back to me, but the
> behavior was same.
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> *Alexius C. Chukwuka*
> JDPS Division SAP BASIS Team
> John Deere Power Systems
> Phone: (309) 765-3133
> Email: -
>
>
>
> *From:* Lockwood,Mike,IRVINE,R&D [

Thanks Prathap. I will give those verbose a shot and let you know.

Regard.

Alexius C. Chukwuka
John Deere Power Systems
PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:achukwuka)

Alex,

Did your issue get resolved? We are also planning to upgrade to M060 in next few weeks. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Preeti

Preeti,

I am still working with ptc to resolve this issue. I will certainly share any resolution with this group.

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
John Deere Power Systems

One additional thing, if I perform a keyword search, the issue does not occur. The behavior is only manifested when I do the regular search i.e name or number search. So for right now we are using the keyword search as a workaround pending a resolution from PTC.

Alexius C. Chukwuka
John Deere Power Systems

All,

I finally tracked this issue down to our customizations. We have customized the following code and changed their OOTB behavior.

editPartAttributesWizardStep.js
setPartAttributeWizardStep.js
main.js
wizard.js

I think when we merged our custom code into the OOTB M060 version, it was not merged correctly. The initial thought was that it was related to search, but upon further testing we found other affected areas in the UI, hence we started reviewing the customizations.

Thanks,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -
CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
Top Tags