cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Search Action Item

jmabille
1-Newbie

Search Action Item

Hello All,

I try to search a object Action Item of Project. In the type list in search screen it's not possible to choice this type. (Windchill 10 M050)

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

On the Advanced Search screen, if you click the Add link under Type, you should be able to select the Action Item type.

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:jmabille)

If you do not see the "Action Item" type, you may need to check your SearchableTypes.properties file and make sure it is listed there.  If not, use the .xconf file to make the update at <WT_HOME>\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\search\server\SearchableTypes.properties.xconf and then propagate the necessary changes.

Check the line that starts with "ProjectLink.allSearch=" in the .properties file.  If you do not see it there, you can update the line in the .xconf file that starts with "<Property name="ProjectLink.allSearch" multivalued="," default="wt.part.WTPart, ... " and include the internal name of the object type (likely is wt.meeting.actionitem.DiscreteActionItem).  Then, propagate the changes.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions - you can reach me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com

Top Tags