cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Search bar, homepage, my tasks and side panel ribbon options missing

EG_10193399
1-Newbie

Search bar, homepage, my tasks and side panel ribbon options missing

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.4

Around 00:00 GMT, certain sporadic users will randomly lose their homepages. My Tasks tables disappear; several other tables disappear; search bar is gone; search from navigator is not possible; browsing contexts shows limited options. After restarting Windchill and clearing the tomcat/instances folder and the compiled tasks folder this seems to restore access. Since this is a production server we can't restart windchill every day to fix the issue

Here are the errors that were recurring in the MS and coincide with the timing
2023-02-11 00:00:07,858 ERROR [commonScheduleQueue.SchedulingThread] wt.fv.FvServerHelper Administrator - Alert! Total size of content stored in database Blob has exceeded the threshold value.
Please refer Help Center topic 'About Vaulting Rules' and 'About Revaulting' for more details.
2023-02-11 00:00:07,859 INFO [commonScheduleQueue.SchedulingThread] wt.jmx.notif.blobThresholdReached Administrator - Time=2023-02-11 00:00:07.859 +0000, Name=BlobSizeExceededNotifier, SourceObjectName=com.ptc:wt.subsystem=Monitors,wt.monitorType=File Servers, class=class javax.management.Notification, type=wt.fv.FileServersMBean.blobThresholdReached, userData=[Database Table=StreamData,Property wt.content.blobSizeThreshold value=2048 MB,Total Database Blob Size=19426 MB], message=Alert! Total size of content stored in database Blob has exceeded the threshold value.
Please refer Help Center topic 'About Vaulting Rules' and 'About Revaulting' for more details., JVM Name=3302@wcprod.com

5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:EG_10193399)

OMG!  Alert! Total size of content stored in database Blob has exceeded the threshold value.

Address this issue right away. Make sure data is going to vaults and they are not set to read only. They will flip to that when they run out of space. To get you moving, have your DBA increase the allocation on the BLOBs table but you need to address why BLOBs is filling up.  Once you get vaults fixed, run revaulting job to move data out of BLOBs to vault folders.

Hello EG_10193399,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, did you check avillanueva's comment ?

I remain at your disposal for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:EG_10193399)

I think the vault issue and the access to search are not related. I agree with avillanueva to resolve the vault issue. 

However I have seen the search issue quite often on multiple systems. I believe that its related to PTC's Licensing Schedule Queue. 

The fixes that I use are as follows.

1. On the server side. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs350103
  2. On the client side close the browser and clear the cache
  3. If that persists log in a perform a Shift refresh (forcing the browser to re-fetch all the info from the server)
  4. If all that fails restart windchill

Seconded, we are seeing search issue (not visible/not working) resolved on ctrl-F5 refresh of chrome browser page.

Appears roughly correlated with license schedule timing.

Very minor issue with a simple fix but this was not present before upgrade to v12.0.2

Hello EG_10193399,

Will you need further support on this topic?

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags