cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Search for multiple items

ZC_10909252
6-Contributor

Search for multiple items

How can i search for multiple items? I have two part numbers that yield results when searched for separately but when I use a semicolon or "or" nothing comes up. I've multiple variations with spaces and without? What am I missing or is this not possible? 

What I am really after is adding a bunch of items to my workspace at the same time from a list I have. If there is a better way to do that I am open to suggestions. 

4 REPLIES 4
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:ZC_10909252)

use semicolon in number field in advanced search :

Fadel_1-1712097410557.png

Fadel_0-1712097373880.png

Fede

Hi @ZC_10909252 

If your system use a solr index search then you can use the semicolon only in the specific attribute filed, not in the key word column.  

@Fadel has showed nice example how it works. 

PetrH

I do this all the time in Excel. Say I have a list of numbers to search on using that semicolon trick. In the next column over, use "=CONCAT(B2,";",A3)". Fill that formula down and copy the last entry which will be a merging of all the numbers. You can vary by including a * for a wildcard. I've seen this work with 50 parts but there is some limit to how long this can be.

Hi @ZC_10909252,

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you. 

Regards,

Anurag 

Top Tags