cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Search in Windchill folder

Ben8
11-Garnet

Search in Windchill folder

I am probably missing something quite simple - I can't figure out a way to search within a certain folder and the subfolders in WC. In other words, if I have the WC context with the following structure:

Product1 Context

- Folder 1

- Folder 2

--- Subfolder A

--- Subfolder B

- Folder 3

I want to run a search in Folder 2 and include files in Subfolers A and B in search results.

It seems that searching in folders has been added in WC 10. When I go to WC -> Quick links > Help > Windchill Help Centre ,  it pops up a page called "Welcome to the Windchill 12.1.2.0 Help Center", so I assume I am using V12.1.2.0 and I should have this functionality. 

From some searches online, I found these pages that may be relevant:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/LclSrchSearchInContextBP.html

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS22115

Based on the first link, I should be able to have this search window somewhere:

screenshot.png

However, whenever I click on menu item "Folders" in the Context menu, I am taken to a page "Folder Contents" and not "Folders". Can somebody please advice where am I going wrong?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ben8)

Hi @Ben8 

The point is that the folder tree is shown only in a standalone browser in folders.

If you access to a windchill from a Creo, then the folder tree is not shown.

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Sry, not quite following. There are a few ways and locations to start a search. The image above should be a search for items in the selected folder from the folder tree ( and I would assume folders below that ). Mine defaulted to a keyword search but looks like it added the starting folder to "My Favorite Contexts". I had no idea I could add a folder. From there, I can change this into a advanced search if I did not want to use a keyword but rather some other attributes. 

As far as the version, I remember back in WC 10, I had help installed locally. After that version, help was redirected to ptc.com so if you did not have it installed, I can see if defaulting to latest version. I doubt WC10 help is available online anymore. If you are looking for version differences, I suggest you look at the what's new docs and see if there was an enhancement that was added which could cause a difference in what you are seeing in the help as opposed to your version.

avillanueva_0-1724073784819.png

This is what you see in 12.02. A folder tree is on left and the Folder Contents are on the right in a split table. 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Ben8 

The point is that the folder tree is shown only in a standalone browser in folders.

If you access to a windchill from a Creo, then the folder tree is not shown.

PetrH

Thank you, i didn't realize the browser in Creo would be missing such a function. Works well on external browser.

Announcements

Top Tags