cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Search in table

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Search in table

Is there a way to use the "Search in table" to display items which do NOT contain a certain string?

We often have hundreds of modified parts/assemblies/drawings (all starting with the same drawingnumber), and we would like to quickly check if there are any other modified items which do NOT belong to that drawingnumber.

Any clues?

8 REPLIES 8

I don't see any way to achieve that, but even if there would have been a way, it would not be performance efficient.

A few ways I can think are:

1) Use the  SORT Options by date to see all the recent objects which does not have that keyword.

2) Use Context based searches to limit the number of objects and then use data sort to find recent objects.

3) Use Group by to group results in appropriate sections and filter them out.

Hope this helps

Our models are driven by Excel, and hundreds of parts will change/update when we make a change in Excel.

So the "change date" of all the parts will be (nearly) indentical, thus your first two suggestions will not work for us.

I thought I could create a new View, but the "Set Filters" only allows for all OR statements or all AND statements ("Match All").

I have the need for:

"Number Not Equal to MY_DRAWING_NUMBER"  AND ("Modified Status Equal to Modified" OR "Modified Status Equal to Modifications Uploaded" OR "Local Workspace status Equal to Modified locally")

Notice the mixture of AND and OR..

- sigh -

HamsterNL_0-1582636187746.png

Another way I can think of is > creating a Saves Search which has ways to add AND / OR in the Criteria, I believe this can fulfill your use-case.

Saves-Search-AND-OR-Criteria.jpg

I have tried that, but I couldn't figure out how I can limit the search to my Workspace.

As far as I can tell, "Search in Table" overs very little common Boolean search functionality.  Special table views can help in certain instances.  But a quick "Item* NOT Item2" search would be nice. 

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.
Regards,
Andra

Hi @achirila,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, but no solution has been provided, as you might have read yourself.

Windchill still doesn't have the option to filter out items in a Workspace which name is NOT equal to a certain text.

I have a related "Windchill Idea".   If you like it, vote it up.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/quot-Search-in-Table-quot-with-Booleans/idc-p/943217#M17425

There was a time when the "search in table" didn't exist at all. But it would be really handy if the capability was expanded. 

Top Tags