cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Search problem

LarsBjors
6-Contributor

Search problem

Hi Guys I have run into a "little" problem concerning search in productpoint. After making an restore of the installation I can not get Search to work anymore in Productpoint. It works in Sharepoint, but I get no result in productpoint. I have set everything up according to the installation manual and I get no events or errors. I have created new search databases and forced fullcrawls, but no result. I have spent a couple of days googling for this and I have realised that this is a big area with lots of problems. There is even a site for it (http://sharepointsearch.com). I think that I have gone into the wall and see no more things to test than reinstalling the software and I do not really want to do that. What do you say? Does anybody have experience of search failing? /Lars Björs
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Lars, what do you mean with "It works in Sharepoint, but I get no result in productpoint." Do you mean in the web ui of ProductPoint? If yes, have a look in configuration of the content database for ProductPoint. It could be, that the content database lost the information of search server. Try the following: go the the WSS central administration > Application Management > Content databases > if needed switch to the WPP Web Application > select the contant database (click on the name beginn with "WPP_" > select the search server Regards Frank

Hi its set up according to manuals. I get no results because my productpoint site xxx:1975 is not crawled. If I look in the sharepoing log I see that xxx:12345 is crawled, but not xxx:1975. Comparing with a working server I think the problem is in the registry because the xxx:1975 site is missing in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\Search\Applications\ae30e842-ad7e-462d-addd-7980770a40bb\Gather\Search\ContentSources\0\StartPages\0]. /Lars
LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:LarsBjors)

Hi This starts to be more like my blogsite. I found the problem in the registry on the server. There is information about which sites to crawl, but my 1975 site was missing. I tried to add the information by hand, but Sharepoint refused to accept it and removed my additions from the registry. My final solution was to remove M011 and install M020 instead. Before the installation I also set the regional setting on the server to english_us. After installation searching worked again. /Lars
Top Tags